Currently Craving... Insurgent



Currently Craving: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Have you seen Divergent yet?? Because if you haven't you are missing out! I'm reading the series right now-I got this one for my golden birthday- and it is one of the best books ever, I love Veronica Roth's writing style. If you're a fan of The Hunger Games, then you'll love this! It's a pretty decent read, full of combat, the conflict between values, a corrupted society, a true dystopian thriller. Plus plenty of hot romance, Theo James (Tobias) anyone?! Phew is it hot in here? Just let me fan myself for a moment...
Okay all arm, I mean warm. Anyways, I finished reading the first one, Divergent, just in time for the midnight premiere, then my mom and I went to see it over the weekend. They did a fantastic job filming this movie, I love the cast. It follows the book pretty much straight on, so it's not one of those times where you have to read it to get the movie, but I highly recommend reading it as well. So beautifully written, interesting conflicts between the beliefs of the factions and the norms of society. Each group of society is divided into five groups, factions, Candor, Amity, Erudite, Abnegation, and Dauntless. The Candor believe that honesty is always the best policy; the Amity are the caregivers, they believe in kindness, happiness, and peace; the Erudite value knowledge and logic; Abnegation are selfless and oppose vanity, they dedicate their lives to the wellness of others; and the Dauntless believe in ordinary acts of bravery, they oppose cowardliness. This is the story of a girl who struggles to find where she belongs as she fights the corrupted world she lives in and stands for what she believes in.

"Fans of The Uglies, Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Delirium and Matched will enjoy Divergent.... I don't think this book will give Hunger Games a run for its money, but I think that it will fill a void for many fans out there who need their Katniss fix." - Confessions of a Book Addict Blog


"You'll be up all night... a brainy thrill-ride of a novel." -BookPage


"A memorable, unpredictable journey from which it is nearly impossible to turn away." -Publishers Weekly

 



What do you think of the Divergent series? Share your thoughts!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top