Now I'm Golden



I recently celebrated my birthday, but this wasn't any birthday, this was my Golden birthday oh yes! For those of you who aren't aware, a Golden birthday is when you turn the age of your birth date. My younger siblings have already passed their Golden birthdays, but since mine was during my teen years, my mom went all out to celebrate. Gifts everyday of the month leading up to my Golden birthday type of celebrations. Well now to the good part of the story! The morning of my Golden birthday was quite memorable. It may have sort of involved my crush giving me flowers, you know, super chill (!!?!??!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!). Oh man I get butterflies just typing this! Anyways I was standing in the hallway with a group of classmates when I got a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and looked up (he's super tall!) and had to remind myself not to hyperventilate once I realized he was really standing there and not just a mere figment of my imagination. Sorry, for the oversized drama, it just sounds so good. Well I gave him a smile and I noticed he had a flower in his hand, "happy birthday, Paige" (okay real quick, do you know how in all those romance novels and ballads the girl always loves the way the guy says her name? Yeah.... my name sounds so good when it comes from his mouth, I didn't know that was possible!) So I take the flower and thank him, "you're so sweet" and all, then I walked around the hallway for the rest of the day with it. I swear I didn't stop smiling once. It's just amazing how one person can make your day. I've truly felt Golden.
I hope that all you someday get to celebrate your Golden birthday, or at least celebrate someone else's, because it's literally a once in a lifetime moment! I also hope that you can not only meet someone who will make your day just by showing some (flirtatious) kindness, but also to do the same for someone else.




Oh, and plus, I sit next to him in one of my classes, but I never told him about my birthday... how did he know?? XO

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top