August Festivals

Welcome, August! As much as I love your arrival, I'm torn you're here so quickly. You had a great kickoff though! Yesterday, my sister (and her +1) and I got invited by some family friends to go to SLC for the day. They were hosting some girls from France for the week for the World Folkfest and we all enjoyed a day of experiencing our local pioneer heritage at This is the Place Monument. It was scorchingly hot and lots of walking up big hills, but it was really interesting, too. My favorite part was learning about the native Americans' and watching a dance performance. I didn't take many pictures to share, but, well, here's what I've got:)




 
Later that afternoon, we went to see the Folkfest dance performance. I had never been before, but it was super cool and interesting! They had performers from 7 different countries like France, Australia, Belgum, Taiwan, and even the local Morning Star performance group danced as well. It was so rad to see how different the traditions are all over the world.
 

XO.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top