A Lot Can Happen in a Year


I've finally gotten around to sharing my senior pictures! I've sort of been involuntarily repelling technology like it's in my blood, I don't know why it's happening but I guess the universe is out to get me. Whatever. I'm down to 4 1/5 days left of high school and I'm sure you're sick of hearing about every blissfully miserable moment. But suck it up, cause I am. Everyone is telling me that senior year will fly by way too fast and that I'm going to miss it terribly, but I really don't think that's the case. For me at least. It's been a fun ride, but I've got things to look forward to. This isn't good-bye to the good days, in fact, I believe some of the best days of my life haven't even happened yet.
Lately I've really been interested in making lists of everything. For like a week I've had this yearning I guess you could call it, so the other night I jotted down several random lists of things in my journal and afterwards I felt totally satisfied. I've never been a very big "journal-y person," though a blog basically is just that, but I found that being as incredibly OCD as I am, making lists feels really good. So I decided I should make a list of things I've learned throughout high school:

1. I have the best high school ever. Awesome teachers and faculty and community members who are all around genuine, awesome people.
2. I've learned a lot about what I like and what I don't like. Whether that's in boys, friends, classes, responsibilities, and just plain growing up.
3. I really don't enjoy dates all that much.
4. I've also learned what's important in life. I had an early picture of this when I struggled through jr. high, but of course now that has only exemplified what matters most to me.
5. I enjoy learning and one way or another I desire to soak up every ounce of knowledge the world possesses.
6. I survived three advanced college courses. Pretty sure I can do anything now.
7. Yet I'll never stop being a procrastinator.
8. There are a lot of good people. There are really good friends.There's also some not-so-good people. But there's truly only one best friend who never turns their back on you. xo I.
9. You're going to be pushed to the limits. You're going to want to cry and give up a lot. But if you can get out of bed every day and have something to work for, you will get through it. Also, playing "I will survive" won't hurt.
10. There's no escaping the inevitable that is high school. But it will all be worth it.
11. It's nothing like High School Musical. (I bawled while watching #3 last week...)











My plans for the upcoming summer: Graduation on the 27th, then I am attending a nearby applied technologies college to acquire my CNA--so basically I get one week of summer before classes start, I will be working my butt off, and saving for an upcoming uber special senior trip in August. If you have any advice to help me through the next 4 1/2 days, then the rest of my life, do share. And big thanks for the senior pics // courtesy of Marina
XOXO.




CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. k girl- U R BEA-U-TI-FUL! loved all ur senior pics!!! so excited for all you have planned!! enjoy these last few days of being a teen!!! best of luck with everything! loves u!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top